DHH Early Start Program Services
The Infant-Toddler Program offers a variety of services to support families based on their individual needs. DHH services are provided by Credentialed Teachers of the Deaf and/or Speech and Language Pathologists.
These may include:
- Assisting families so that they understand their child's hearing and communication options.
- Visiting the family's home to help parents and caretakers promote listening skills, provide a language-rich environment, encourage age-appropriate communication, and assist in other areas of need as outlined in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Offering center-based Baby and Toddler Classes with parent participation.
- Connecting families with Parent-to-Parent support groups.
- Coordinating services with other agencies.
- Offering sign language instruction.