Work Permit Information

  • Minors (students less than 18 years old) employed in the state of California must have a Permit to Employ and Work (commonly referred to as a “work permit”). Work permits are typically issued by the school where the student is enrolled. Work permits indicate the duties and location where the work will be done as well as the number of hours a minor may work.

    Click here to download the Work Permit Application - Form B1-1

Questions and Answers

  • What is a work permit?

  • How does a student obtain a work permit?

  • Where does a student turn in a work permit application?

  • How can I learn more?