How to register for school
First, find your school of residence...
It all begins with your school of residence, also known as your neighborhood school. Find your school by entering your home address into My School Locator.
Registration (enrolling in school) begins online...
To register your child in any grade for the 2019-20 or the 2020-21 school year, click here to Register Online. For Charter Schools, see below.
Within a few business days after completing the online form, you should receive an email from Illuminate Ed (our student information system) to complete the registration process.
You will need to have:
- Proof of residency (your address on a rental agreement, purchase agreement, utility bill)
- Proof of student's age (birth certificate)
- Emergency contact & healthcare provider information
- Proof of Immunization
For more information see Enrollment Instructions in English & Spanish.
Did you know...
- Students who live in the residence area have priority in attending their school of residence (neighborhood school).
- The district maintains a street grid with addresses for purposes of determining the school of residence (see My School Locator).
- The SRCS Board of Education establishes the optimal capacity of each school.
What if I want to enroll my child at a Santa Rosa City Schools charter school?
- Students do not enroll in charter schools, they "apply" to attend the school. Our district has four charter schools, and each school holds a lottery. To learn more, go to the Charter Schools page.
What if I want to enroll my child at a school other than our neighborhood school?
- Are you sure? Some parents say the best thing they ever did was to visit their neighborhood school. You might want to schedule a meeting with the principal, go to a PTA meeting to talk to other parents, or attend the end-of-the year Open House in May at your neighborhood school.
- If you wish to enroll your child in a school other than your neighborhood school, it's considered a transfer. Please visit the Transfers page.
Visit the following pages to learn more about:
- Kindergarten registration
- Kinder Academy (KA, Transitional, 2-year Kindergarten)
- Independent Study
- Transfers (Intradistrict "open enrollment" or Interdistrict)
- Exchange Students
If you need help or have questions, contact:
Student and Family Engagement | 707-890-3808